Friday, March 19, 2010

John Frank Tripp Part 3 - What Do I Do After High School

My father like many young people graduating from high school had no idea about what he want to do with the rest of his life. So he had several adventures before settling down.

One of those adventures was being in the Navy Reserve. Sailing to Chicago in the Navy Reserve, Bill Coppus (my mother’s brother), Paul Tripp (dad’s brother) and John Tripp were on this boat together.

Something else that he tried was working on a large farm in North Dakota. I do not know very much about this, maybe one of the older people in the family can provide more information. I have some pictures and letters from North Dakota that he sent to mom – I will have to do some more investigating.

In my notes it states that in a family photo album it says that his occupation was Farm hand working for the Kenny Swanson family farm between Jun 1930 and Oct 1930.

I think that he tried working on the Tripp Family farm between 1930 and 1941 when it was sold. From what I understand he had hay fever and working on the farm made it difficult to deal with his allergies.

Between 1938 and 1946 he worked as a Laborer at the Spicer Manufacturing plant in Toledo, Ohio.

And then in 1946 he began working as a Custodian for the Metamora (later Evergreen) School Districts until he retired in September 1976.

No comments:

Post a Comment