Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bill Coppus

Well Martha and I are back from vacation, re-acclimated to Ohio, got the grass cut and ready to resume my project. We spent about two and a half weeks in Hawaii visiting Mary and Bob, Jim and Jo and then going to Kauai. Got a lot of time on the beach and some hiking in the mountains. All in all a good time.
In the first picture we are at Hanalei Bay, near the town of Hanalei on Kauai.

One of the things in my family history collection is a photo album previously owned by Etta Paden who married David Coppus (my mother's parents) and later married James Cook. I will periodically send pictures from this album that I have scanned.
Those for today are of Bill Coppus, my mother's brother. During World War II he served in the Merchant Marines. After returning home he became a fireman in the city of Fostoria Ohio.
In the first few pictures he is in his Merchant Marine uniform. In the first picture he is by himself, in the next one he is with his mother - Etta, the next one he is with his wife Geri, the next one he is in his Fireman uniform, the next he is with James Cook (Etta's husband) and the last is his wife Geri and their daughter Judy who was born in 1942.






No comments:

Post a Comment