Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mildred Tripp's Photo Album Page 8


Edith says: This is Aunt Alice, Cousin Paul and Me. I would also say that it is in Louisiana at their home. Remember I stayed there when Mom had her first Nervous Breakdown. Edie and
Susie Says: How about Aunt Alice Thompson, Cousin Paul Thompson & Edith? Susie

Edith says: Same people, plus Uncle Joe and then Jim and Jerry are in the back. That must have been when they came down to either see me or pick me up to go back home. Edie and
Susie says: Jerry, Edith & Jim in back. Don't have a clue on the people in the front. Susie
Now the question is - was all of mom's break downs associated with having female children? Why did dad decide to have Edith and Pat (and maybe Mary and Susie if it happened after they were born) go stay with other family member? Having Edith go all the way to Louisiana was a rather drastic measure, especially in those days and the modes of transportation. And another sad commentary is - had this kind of thing happened today it most likely could have been easily controlled by medication.

I remember seeing this picture before and having an idea as to who the family is, but at this point, I am not sure, but I think it is from my mom-s side of the family.

This has always been one of my favorite pictures. It was taken on the Daniel Coppus family farm. L-R we find the children of Etta and Dave Coppus – Bill, Elsie and Mildred.

Not sure, but my guess would be Jim Tripp.

Not sure what this is a picture of – anybody have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment